Virginia Institute of Marine Science
This dataset features the results from the numerical simulation described in the associated publication (St-Laurent et al.). The simulation results are in the standard, self-documented NetCDF format (extension .nc); see https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ for more information. Files in this format can be manipulated and displayed by a wide range of freely available software. The results from the simulation are divided into monthly files (ocean_avg_0001.nc to ocean_avg_0098.nc). Each file holds 30 days worth of time-averaged daily model fields, from January 2006 to December 2013. The dataset also includes the forcings used in the model calculation (in the same format as above). Detailed information about the open source numerical model used in the study (Regional Ocean Modeling System, ROMS) is available at www.myroms.org.
File Name : Description
- ocean_avg_00xx.nc : Time-averaged oceanic fields (Jan. 2006 to December 2013). Each file contains 30 days worth of results and the fields have a temporal resolution of 1 day
- ocean_bry.nc : Lateral boundary conditions for model calculation
- ocean_clm.nc : Climatologies for relaxation at lateral boundaries
- ocean_frc.nc : Atmospheric forcing prescribed at ocean surface
- ocean_grd.nc : Model grid including lat/lon coordinates
- ocean_ini.nc : Initial condition of the model calculation
- par_3hourly_amundsen_sea_domain.nc : PAR forcing prescribed in the calculation
Polynyas, Antarctica, ice shelves, phytoplankton, sea ice, oceanography
St-Laurent, P., P.L. Yager, R.M. Sherrell, H. Oliver, M.S. Dinniman and S.E. Stammerjohn, 2019. Modeling the seasonal cycle of iron and carbon fluxes in the Amundsen Sea Polynya, Antarctica. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018jc014773
Pierre St-Laurent ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1700-9509
This research was supported by the National Science Foundation Office of Polar Programs (collaborative grants 1443657, 1443604, 1443315, 1443569)
St-Laurent, Pierre, "Associated dataset: Modeling the seasonal cycle of iron and carbon fluxes in the Amundsen Sea Polynya, Antarctica" (2019).