Virginia Institute of Marine Science
The Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies is comprised of three volumes.
- Volume I. Executive Summary.
- Volume IIA, IIB, IIC and IID. Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies.
- Volume III. Geologic Studies.
This is the first of four sections of the Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies
- CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION by E. M. Burreson
- CHAPTER 2. BENCHMARK STUDIES by Donald F. Boesch, William D. Athearn, and John G. Brokaw
- CHAPTER 3. PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY AND CLIMATOLOGY by C. S. Welch and E. P. Ruzecki
- CHAPTER 4. MIDDLE ATLANTIC BIGHT ZOOPLANKTON: SECOND YEAR RESULTS AND A DISCUSSION OF THE TWO-YEAR BLM-VIMS SURVEY by G. C. Grant
This volume includes an introductory chapter describing the purpose and scope of the study, a chapter on benchmark sampling describing station locations and their rationale, cruise tracks, and field sampling procedures, and two chapters of element reports. The physical oceanography chapter contains methods and equipment used, and a discussion of hydrographic conditions during each of the four seasons. The zooplankton chapter presents a faunal description for each station during each season and discusses community structure and seasonal succession. This report contains Special Reports in Applied Marine Science and Ocean Engineering No. 191 & 192.
Continental shelf -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Marine biology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Geology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Benchmark Studies
Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies conducted by the Virginia Institute of Marine Science Under Contract No.AA550-CT6-62 With the Bureau of Land Management United States Department of Interior
Burrreson, E. M., Boesch, D. F., & Laird, B. L. (1979) Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies Volume II-A. Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies. Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary. https://scholarworks.wm.edu/reports/1640