Virginia Institute of Marine Science
The Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies is comprised of three volumes.
- Volume I. Executive Summary.
- Volume IIA, IIB, IIC and IID. Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies.
- Volume III. Geologic Studies.
This is the second of four sections of the Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies
- CHAPTER 5. BOTTOM SEDIMENTS AND SEDIMENTARY FRAMEWORK by Donald .F. Boesch
- CHAPTER 6. BENTHIC ECOLOGICAL STUDIES: MACROBENTHOS by Donald F. Boesch
- CHAPTER 7. BENTHIC ECOLOGICAL STUDIES: MEIOBENTHOS by D.J. Hartzband and Donald F. Boesch
- CHAPTER 8. BENTHIC ECOLOGICAL STUDIES: FORAMINIFERA by Robert L. Ellison
Chapters of this report contain the Institutes' Special Reports in Applied Marine Science and Ocean Engineering No.193,194,195,196.
This volume contains element reports for sediments and benthic ecology (macrobenthos, meiobenthos, and foraminifera). The sediment chapter includes a discussion of patterns of sediment texture and the relationship between percent silt/clay and organic carbon. The macrobenthos and meiobenthos chapters include faunal composition, patterns of distribution, sampling variability, community characterization and factors controlling community structure. The foraminifera chapter presents information on species diversity, live/dead test ratios and species distribution.
Continental shelf -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Marine biology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Geology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Benchmark Studies
CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL BENCHMARK STUDIES conducted by the Virginia Institute of Marine Science Under Contract No. AA550-CT6-62 with the Bureau of Land Management United States Department of Interior
Burreson, E. M., Boesch, D. F., & Laird, B. L. (1979) Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies Volume II-B: Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies. Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary. https://doi.org/10.25773/fasq-3a30