Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies Volume II-D: Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies
Virginia Institute of Marine Science
The Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies is comprised of three volumes.
- Volume I. Executive Summary.
- Volume IIA, IIB, IIC and IID. Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies.
- Volume III. Geologic Studies.
This is the fourth of four sections of the Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies
- CHAPTER 12. HISTOPATHOLOGICAL STUDIES by Craig Ruddell
- CHAPTER 13. TRACE METALS by Richard L. Harris, Raj Jolly, George Grant, and Robert Huggett
- CHAPTER 14. HYDROCARBONS by C. L. Smith, C. W. Su, W. G. Macintyre, R. H. Bieri, and M. Kent Cueman
- CHAPTER 15. VIMS-BLM SECOND ORDER WAVE CLIMATE MODEL AND WAVE CLIMATOLOGY OF BALTIMORE CANYON TROUGH SHELF AREA by V. Goldsmith
Chapters of this report contain the Institutes' Special Reports in Applied Marine Science and Ocean Engineering Nos. 200,201,202 & 203.
This volume contains element reports for histopathology, trace metal chemistry, hydrocarbon chemistry, and the Baltimore Canyon Trough wave climate model. The histopathology chapter discusses distribution, length-frequency, gonadal cycles, and symbionts of benthic organisms and provides a histological atlas. The trace metal chapter includes data on metal concentrations in sediment, benthic organisms, zooplankton, and suspended particulate matter. The hydrocarbon chapter contains data on aliphatic and aromatic concentrations in sediment, and aliphatic concentrations in benthic fauna, particulate matter, surface films, zooplankton, and also dissolved hydrocarbons. Mass spectrometric identifications are made where possible, The wave climate chapter presents data on wave ray density, wave heights, and bottom orbital velocities.
Continental shelf -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Marine biology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Geology -- Atlantic Coast (U.S.); Benchmark Studies
CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL BENCHMARK STUDIES conducted by the Virginia Institute of Marine Science Under Contract No. AA550-CT6-62 with the Bureau of Land Management United States Department of Interior
Burreson, E. M., Boesch, D. F., & Laird, B. L. (1979) Middle Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Environmental Studies Volume II-D: Chemical and Biological Benchmark Studies. Virginia Institute of Marine Science, William & Mary. https://doi.org/10.21220/m2-kgat-xa34
Environmental Sciences Commons, Geology Commons, Marine Biology Commons, Oceanography Commons