Virginia Institute of Marine Science
The overall concern of the study was to determine if fish laddero are needed to permit upstream migration of spawning anadromous fishes beyond the sites of impoundment. Specific questions addressed were:
1. Do anadromous species presently utilize Pohick Creek?
2. If so, what species are present?
3. How far do the species migrate upstream?
4. What is the relative abundance of the species?
5. Wl1at effects will impoundments, with ~nd without fish ladders, have on the anadromous fish resource?
Loesch, J. G. (1981) Determination of the presence, species composition, and relative abundance of anadromous fishes in Pohick Creek, Fairfax, Virginia. Virginia Institute of Marine Science, William & Mary. https://scholarworks.wm.edu/reports/2708