Submission Guidelines for Geology Senior Theses
How to Submit Your Geology Senior Thesis:
- Complete your submission & distribution agreement (via DocuSign) provided to you by the Geology Department.
- Create a W&M ScholarWorks account by going to My Account at the bottom of this page (page footer)
- Once your account is created, Login to W&M ScholarWorks and select Submit Research link on left side menu under Author Corner
- Enter the descriptive information about your thesis
- Select an *Embargo Term, if you choose to restrict access for a period of time
- Upload your thesis (PDF format, please!)
- Select "Submit" and you're done!
After you have submitted your work it will be available as follows:
On-Campus Only Geology Senior Theses are restricted to On-Campus Only Access. On-Campus Only makes the full text of your work accessible to the W&M Community (W&M Internet Protocol ranges) only, while the title, author, abstract, and other citation information is publicly viewable.
Embargo If you selected an embargo; the full text of your work is restricted to everyone, including On-Campus, for the term length you selected.
* Why you might want to embargo you work:
- There is content related to a research grant or project where the research has not reached the publication and dissemination stage.
- There is a patent pending on the work or there are related issues that might make disclosure detrimental to the rights of the author.
- There is an ethical need to prevent disclosure of sensitive or classified information about persons, institutions, and so forth.
In all cases you should discuss these issues with your advisor.