Download Full Text (1.1 MB)
The Future Academic Librarian's Toolkit
After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- recognize the growing role of instruction in academic libraries in order to develop a teaching identity;
- discuss the benefits and challenges of collaborating with teaching faculty in order to build successful relationships;
- analyze the instructional environment and student needs in order to identify audiences;
- design a lesson plan in order to meet workshop goals;
- assess learning experiences for success in order to evaluate workshop effectiveness;
- describe the peer observation process in order to employ it for self-improvement;
- consider ways to build a teaching portfolio in order to document professional learning; and
- identify ways to be a lifelong learner in order to grow as a teacher.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Benjes-Small, Candice, "A Primer for New Teachers" (2019). W&M Libraries Book Chapters. 6.